Dear Valued Customer and Community Partners,
Gardner-White Furniture has been in business since 1912, and as the world of retail drastically changed, we have remained family-owned and operated, and dedicated to being headquartered in Michigan. For the last century, our company has been guided by one principle – to improve lives through furniture - whether you are a customer or member of our community. This guiding principle has allowed us to stay true to our company’s values while being responsive to this evolving industry and staying dedicated to those we serve.
When you shop with Gardner-White, you know that you are not just buying furniture, you are investing in the future of Michigan and Michiganders. We have 12 stores in Michigan and employ over 900 Michiganders. As we continue to grow, we wanted to let you know about some of the ways in which every single one of us in the Gardner-White family remains committed to our customers and community.
Our Commitment to Customers
Being local means knowing local. We know our customers, their lifestyles and what makes them comfortable from the minute they enter one of our stores to the minute they welcome our furniture into their homes. This is why we continue to innovate in our business; so that we continue to earn your business every day.
- We implemented technology enabling customers to see where their delivery truck is so they don’t have to waste the day waiting around. We are all too busy for that.
- We provide same day delivery and nighttime delivery for busy working families.
- We are the only furniture store in the state where you can get the best extended financing and discounts.
- You can depend on getting every day low prices and trust that we will be in business tomorrow to service your furniture.
Our Commitment to Community
We understand that furniture is essential to making any house a home, and there are many people in our community with unstable housing. Gardner-White quietly supports many charities and chooses partnerships where we can make the most impact in our region.
- We work with Lighthouse of Michigan to provide furniture for homeless who are transitioning to permanent housing.
- We partner with Volunteers of American to outfit homes for veterans.
- We have a longstanding partnership supporting Salvation Army.
- We have also partnered with the Red Cross on the biggest blood drives in our region outside of the UM-MSU blood battle that has saved more than 35,000 lives.
We are deeply thankful to be able to grow our business in Michigan for the last century and we look forward to a long future of continued commitment to this state and to you.
All my best,
4th Generation Owner of Gardner-White Furniture & Mattress