Join us in participating with this week’s #Charituesday contest! We’ve chosen two non-profit organizations from the Fox 2 Gift Giving Guide for a chance to win a $1,000 gift certificate to Gardner-White! No matter what, both organizations will receive at least a $500 gift certificate to Gardner-White – however – the winning organization will receive a $1,000 gift certificate! Vote for your favorite organization below and join us by donating to our community. #GWCommunityHelp
(VOTE ONCE PER DAY FROM 9/1/20 AT 10:00 A.M. THROUGH 9/8/20 AT 10:00 A.M.)
The Rainbow Connection is a compassionate wish-granting organization dedicated to fulfilling the wishes of Michigan children with life-threatening medical conditions. Since 1985, we have granted the wishes of over 3,500 children and have remained true to our promise of never turning away an eligible child in need of a wish. The Rainbow Connection has received Charity Navigator’s highest 4-star rating for the seventh consecutive year, an honor only 5% of rated charities across the U.S. achieve. 86 cents of every donated dollar is spent on our wish-granting services.
AREAS SERVED: State of Michigan
AGES SERVED: 2-18
WISH LIST: Gift cards for restaurants, gas, grocery stores and local shopping stores
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Volunteers are an essential part of The Rainbow Connection family, contributing more than 5,000 hours annually. Depending on your skills, preferences and available time, you may enjoy one of the areas identified below.
1) Host a Fundraising Event – visit https://www. rainbowconnection.org/ways-to-help/fundraising/hosta- fundraiser/
2) Assist at one of our fundraising or wish events
3) Provide office support – Help with mailings, handywork, gardening and other important office functions.
4) Crafts – Help create special favors for our event guests, wrap gifts or help us with our holiday decorating
AGE OF VOLUNTEERS: Adults and children 10 and up (children must be accompanied by an adult)
Feeding the hungry since 1975, the Macomb Food Program provides immediate relief to those in need of food through a network of more than 60 pantries and hunger relief organizations.
AREAS SERVED: Macomb County
AGES SERVED: All ages
Ways You Can Help:
– Mail in a check or money order to the address above
– Host a food drive or fundraiser
– Volunteer at our warehouse
– Attend an event that supports the Macomb Food Program
– Donate to the annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive inMay
– Support Scouting for Food in November
– Like us on Facebook @MacombFoodProgram or follow us on Twitter @macombfoodpro
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Food Sorting and Special Events
AGE OF VOLUNTEERS: Adults and children 15 and up (children must be accompanied by an adult)