Join us in participating with this week’s #Charituesday contest! We’ve chosen two non-profit organizations from the Fox 2 Gift Giving Guide for a chance to win a $1,000 gift certificate to Gardner-White! No matter what, both organizations will receive at least a $500 gift certificate to Gardner-White – however – the winning organization will receive a $1,000 gift certificate! Vote for your favorite organization below and join us by donating benefit to our community. #GWCommunityHelp
(VOTE ONCE PER DAY FROM 10/9/18 AT 10:00 A.M. THROUGH 10/16/18 AT 10:00 A.M.)
We provide technology and financial educational training for economically disadvantaged youths, domestic violence survivors and underprivileged individuals. We provide safe housing for Veterans, domestic violence survivors and their children and homeless women and their children. In addition, we provide basic needs to hundreds of families and individuals throughout southeastern Michigan requesting food assistance from our agency during these challenging times.
AREAS SERVED: Wayne County, Oakland County, Macomb County, Washtenaw County, Monroe County, St. Clair County
AGES SERVED: All ages.
– Cars, boats, RV’s, motorcycle
– Houses & commercial buildings
– Gift cards & e-gift cards
– Auction items
– Frequent flyer miles
– Stocks & bonds
– Gift certificates
– Computer Instructor
AGE OF VOLUNTEERS? 18+
The Downtown Boxing Gym is a free, after-school academic and athletic program, currently serving 140 students ages 8-18 from across the city of Detroit. We have a 100% high school graduation rate since 2007 when we first opened our doors. Our motto is “books before boxing.” We provide academic intervention, tutoring, mentoring, college and career readiness, enrichment programs, van rides to and from the gym, healthy meals and, of course, boxing during the school year and all summer long. Your support will help us continue to grow and give more students a fighting chance at a winning future.
AREAS SERVED: Wayne County
AGES SERVED: 8 through 18
(1) SCHOOL/OFFICE SUPPLIES: paper, pens/pencils, notebooks, books, zipper binders, backpacks, file folders, scotch tape, post-it notes, etc.
(2) SPORTS EQUIPMENT: boxing gloves and wraps, ringside athletic trainers cotton tape, boxing gauze, jump ropes, soccer balls, footballs, dumbbells and weights, equipment for outdoor sports activities, scrimmage vests, new shoes for students
(3) COMPUTER EQUIPMENT/HEADPHONES: desktop computers, laptops, iPads, headphones
(4) MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS: guitars, drums, keyboards, wind instruments
(5) BUILDING/KITCHEN EQUIPMENT: folding chairs, folding tables, wall mirrors, wall mounted drinking fountain with bottle filler station, plastic plates and cups
We have volunteer opportunities all year round including tutoring and mentoring students, chaperoning field trips, assisting with events and more.
AGE OF VOLUNTEERS? Adults only.