Summer is here! I am more than ready for lots of sun and sand. My tastebuds are going crazy for the tastes that come with summer. Fresh strawberries, blueberries and melons, a refreshing glass of lemonade and barbecues. The tastes of summer never get old, that’s for sure. A few years ago, I stumbled across this recipe for a sandwich that emulates summer in every aspect. It’s so robust in flavor with a refreshing crunch included. Check it out, I’ve included the recipe and a “How-To Build” guide for this incredible sandwich!
• Sourdough loaf
• Alfalfa Sprouts
• Slice of cheese
• Toast your slices of sourdough, if you don’t like sourdough bread then a whole grain or multigrain would be just as good.
• Slather hummus to one piece of toast and guacamole to the second piece of toast. I always go overboard with hummus and guac because I absolutely love both of them. Set one piece aside so you don’t end up loading both pieces of toast with condiments and make it too difficult to put your sandwich together.
• Slice up the cucumber & tomato
• Using a peeler, make long slices of carrot
• Open your slice of cheese
Piece together your sandwich however you please! My choice order of everything goes something like this: toast 1 with hummus, cucumber, cheese, sprouts, carrots, tomato, toast 2 with guacamole. ENJOY!