It’s National Spaghetti Day! I know what I’m making for dinner! But when it comes to spaghetti, you know there will be some sort of mess, especially if you have kids!
Here are some tips to get spaghetti sauce out of your furniture and carpets!
1. Scrape off any excess spaghetti sauce with a spatula or flat-edged knife. Make sure not to spread the stain further!
2. Mix a solution of two cups water and one tablespoon dish soap.
3. Dab the solution onto the stain with a clean white cloth.
4. Blot at the spot until the liquid is absorbed.
5. Repeat these steps until the spots are removed.
6. Take plain cold water and a new cloth to sponge the area to remove the solution. Blot dry.
To get a stain out of carpet, use the same steps as you would for upholstery! If that still doesn’t work, try mixing one tablespoon ammonia with two cups warm water. This will usually work as a stain removal solution.
You can also try white vinegar as a stain removal. But before you use that on your stain, test it out on a hidden area of the fabric in case it affects the color of the fabric.
We hope these tips help in case your spaghetti dinner ends up all over your house. There are many other solutions to getting a stain out, share yours in the comments below!