If you’re like us, you love to “do it yourself,” also known as DIY. And when it comes to your décor, sometimes the handmade element can add an extra touch of home to your living space. Here are some of our favorite DIY accessories that are easy, stylish and affordable:
1. Pallet Shelves. As you can see in the photo above, one man’s trash can be another man’s treasure! Often times, retailers or grocery stores have tons of pallets on hand that can be reused to create some rustic wall décor. With some wood stain and a little bit of elbow grease, you can transform a pallet into a place to showcase your trinkets. We’d pair this DIY project with the Crosby Collection.
2. Curtain Canopy Bed. Always wanted a canopy bed, but didn’t have the room or the money to get one? Now, with some curtain rods and long curtains, you can create the illusion of a canopy bed without the cost of buying a whole new bedroom set. The flowing curtains add a touch of airy coziness. We’d pair this DIY project with the Walton Collection.
3. Upcycled Window Cocktail Table. We are obsessed with upcycling! Not only is it good for the environment, but it’s great for your home too. This project is a little more advanced, but we promise it will all be worth it. We’d pair this DIY project with the Claire Collection.
4. Burlap Backed Bookshelves. If the last DIY project was too advanced for you, this one will be right up your alley. Burlap adds texture to otherwise bland objects. Easily line the back of a bookshelf or photo frame to add a special touch. All you need is a couple yards of burlap, or another favorite fabric, some small tacks and a tack hammer. We’d pair this DIY project with the Delta Collection.
5. Beautifully disguised TV. If you have a flat screen hanging on the wall, you know it can sometimes stick out like a sore thumb. Say goodbye to your boring flat screen and say hello to DIY chic! Frame your TV with moulding (sleek for a contemporary look and ornate for a more traditional look) and make your tube look like a work of art. We’d pair this DIY with the Hancock Collection.
Have you created an unique accessories for your home by “doing it yourself”? If so, we would love to see! Post a photo on your favorite social channel and use the hashtag #GWDIYCorner or leave a comment with a link to your photo below.