Are you longing for a high-end designer living room but can’t afford the outrageous prices? Many times, the stylized living rooms you see in magazines or on Pinterest are out of the question when it comes to an everyday budget. Who says you have to sacrifice style for a cheaper price tag? Check out these five amazing furniture dupes you can afford:
Can you believe our Bennett Sofa by Jonathan Louis is less than half the price of this Crate & Barrel sofa? Get the Bennett Sofa for just $999 compared to this Crate & Barrel Sofa for $2,199. Shop the Bennett Collection here.
These two stylish chairs are so similar, you almost can’t tell them apart …unless you look at the price tag. Our Lindy Chair by Jonathan Louis is $999, while this Restoration Hardware chair is $1,865. Shop the Lindy Collection here.
Add some lush elegance to your living room for just a fraction of the price! At $699, our Gracie Sofa is much more inexpensive than this Horchow sofa for $4,299. Shop the Gracie Collection here.
A living room isn’t complete without a big, cozy comfortable sectional. Why spend $4,699 on this Arhaus Sectional when you could spend just $2,199 on our Gypsy Sectional by Jonathan Louis? Our sectional is completely customizable too. Think of everything you could do with the extra $2,500! Shop the Gypsy Collection here.
Our Wild Rose Sofa would be the perfect addition to your living room. At $499, it’s a steal — plus we throw in free pillows! Save nearly $4,000 when you choose our Wild Rose Sofa over this $4,450 Willams-Sonoma Sofa. I don’t think you’ll have a hard time deciding. Shop the Wild Rose Collection here.
If you want your living room to mirror what you see in high-end furniture catalogs without breaking the bank, visit our Gardner-White locations or visit our online store.
This week’s Charituesday showdown was between two wonderful organizations, Angels of Hope and Spaulding for Children. We asked our fans to share photos of the charities on Facebook. The organization with the most photo shares would double their prize money from a $500 Gardner-White gift certificate to a $1,000 Gardner-White gift certificate.
With 57 shares, Spaulding for Children was victorious! Spaulding for Children will receive the $1,000 Gardner-White gift certificate and Angels of Hope will receive the $500 Gardner-White gift certificate.
Gardner-White is proud to support Angels of Hope and Spaulding for Children for all of their hard work and dedication to our community. Thank you for all that you do!
For more information about both organizations, click here.
Angelo Surmelis of Angelo:HOME shows us how easy it is to achieve a summer room makeover.
With summer just around the corner, many are looking for ways to give their home a seasonal makeover without breaking the bank. Here are Gardner-White’s five tips on how to freshen up your space quickly and inexpensively.
· Add a pop of color. Neutral spaces can really benefit from brightly colored accessories, like lamps, throw pillows and art. Coordinate the accessories so that they are in the same color family, and it’s like you have a whole new room! See our accessories here & here.
· Reorganize bookshelves. Dusting the bookshelf is on most spring cleaning lists; however, instead of restacking the books as they were, switch it up! Try stacking your books sideways and/or upright to change the look. This is a great place to add more bright accessories. Don’t have a bookshelf? We have you covered with shelving to meet your needs. See our options here.
· Switch out old rugs. Out with the old and in with the new! Area rugs in high traffic areas can wear out and dull over time. Find a durable area rug in a color to match your accessories to really make your space stand out. Check out our area rugs here.
· Control your clutter. The best way to make your area feel clean and new is to de-clutter. Make style meet function with storage beds, ottomans with hidden storage or coffee tables. Here are some great storage options.
· Introduce some contrast. Speaking of coffee tables, they too can be used to make your room look new. If you have light colored furniture, consider adding a dark cocktail table and vice versa. Designers say a contrasting coffee table can help define the space and create a focal point. See our selection of coffee tables here.
Do you have tips on how you freshened up your space for summer? We would love to hear them! Leave us a comment below or write us on our Facebook page.
This week’s #Charituesday is not just benefiting one deserving charitable organization, but two! Both Spaulding for Children and Angels of Hope will be receiving a $500 gift certificate to use at our stores. Here’s the best part; the organization with the most photo shares on Facebook will DOUBLE their prize to $1,000!
About Spaulding for Children
Spaulding for Children is a private, non-profit children’s welfare agency that helps find children in the welfare system adoptive families. They also help needy families maintain their children safely in their homes. The Spaulding for Children mission is: “In partnership with families, communities, organizations, states and the nation, Spaulding for Children’s mission is to assure that all children grow up in safe, permanent families and have the help they need to be successful in life.” Learn more about Spaulding for Children here.
About Angels of Hope
Angels of Hope is an organization that provides financial resources to families of children battling cancer. They raise money through their two signature events, A Night of Hope Gala and their Angels of Hope Golf Outing. All proceeds from both events go directly to helping pediatric cancer patients and their families. Learn more about Angels of Hope here.
How You Can Help
Visit the Gardner-White Facebook page here, and share the photos in our #Charituesday album. Gardner-White will donate a $500 gift certificate to both Angels of Hope and Spaulding for Children. We will donate an additional $500 to the organization that gets the most photo shares. Check back next week to see which organization will get the bonus $500!
Feeling drained even after sleeping for 7-8 hours? Your bedroom might be preventing you from a restful night’s sleep. Having healthy sleep habits can make the difference between tossing and turning all night and sleeping like a log. Here are 6 tips to getting better shut-eye:
- Get comfy. Did you know that most mattresses and pillows are to blame for restless sleep? Replace your old mattress with a plush, comfortable iComfort, Serta, Restonic, Beautyrest, Aireloom or Tempur-Pedic. Gardner White is your specialty mattress headquarters; shop for mattresses here, and start sleeping restfully tonight.
- Reduce light & sound. Light can also keep you up at night. Hanging heavy curtains to black out light from windows and making sure lamps and lights are turned off before turning in can help. Also, if your bedroom is noisy, consider investing in earplugs or a “white noise” generator to help block out sounds.
- Power down the electronics. Speaking of light and sound, electronics, like smartphones and TV, emit an unnatural light that can be overstimulating. Shut off electronics at least an hour before bed.
- Set a soothing bedtime ritual. An hour before you go to sleep, relax with a low-key activity like reading a book or taking a bath. This will help reduce the production of Cortisol, a hormone that contributes to alertness.
- Stick to your sleep schedule, even on the weekends. If you go to bed at 10 pm during the week, try to sleep at the same time on the weekends. If you go to bed later and wake up later on a Saturday or Sunday, plan on being pretty tired on Monday.
- Limit daytime naps. It seems counterintuitive to think that naps could negatively impact your rest, but napping during the day can cause you to stray from your sleep schedule. Limit your daytime naps to one or two short, 20-minute rests during the day. Oh, and don’t nap after 5 pm.
Follow these tips, and you should be feeling more energized. Also, don’t miss out! Buy a Serta Perfect Sleeper, Beautysleep, Beautyrest, Beautyrest World Class, Restonic or TempaGel by Restonic mattress and receive a free flat foundation at any of our stores. Sweet dreams!
Gardner-White is having a job fair at our Macomb location:
- Wednesday, May 7, Noon-7 pm.
- 45300 Hayes Rd., Macomb Twp. 48042
- (586) 566-2610
What are we looking for?
We are looking to hire associates for Gardner-White stores in Macomb, Waterford, Warren, and seven other locations located throughout Metropolitan Detroit. Gardner-White is looking for candidates with entrepreneurial spirit who are seeking successful careers in commissioned sales.
Our sales people were ranked by Furniture Today as being the “best”. Not only are they a core part of the Gardner-White team, they are a large part of what makes our company successful. Plus, you can determine your own income. Our average sales income is $52,000 a year and our top producers can earn in excess of $105,000.
With paid training and full benefits (Blue Cross Blue Shield), we offer our employees an opportunity to grow and be part of a great team. Don’t forget an updated version of your resume; we could hire you on the spot!
More about Gardner-White
Gardner-White Furniture has been a Michigan owned and operated furniture company since 1912. Gardner-White’s mission is to offer a value-conscious consumer excellent service and selection at an affordable price.
Gardner-White recently redoubled on their commitment to Michigan by investing in a 450,000 square foot distribution center in Auburn Hills Michigan. In September 2013, celebrity furniture designer, Angelo Surmelis, brought his new line of affordable, fashionable furniture, Angelo:HOME, to Gardner-White.
Come join us, we look forward to meeting you!
KIDS TAKE THE FIELD
Ever wonder what it would be like to be on the baseball field with the Detroit Tigers? Right there with the players while the crowd cheers from the stands? This can now be a reality for your child.
Gardner-White is proud to sponsor “Kids Take the Field”, a great opportunity for 11 kids ages 7-14, to “Take the Field” before the start of a Sunday home game. Each kid gets assigned a position on the field and then meets that player that plays in that position. The announcer will then announce to the cheering crowd the kids and their positions. Also, they will get an autographed baseball from that player! It’s an experience that they will never forget.
In addition, you get a total of 4 tickets so you can bring the whole family out for a day at the ballgame.
Don’t miss out on the fun! CLICK HERE to Enter Online Today or go to any Gardner-White location and enter your child for a chance to “Take the Field.”